Kamis, 02 Desember 2021

Practice And Drill Is The Secret


Work hard is the key of success 

It is the first day of English for Teacher program. I don't join zoom meeting because two reasons. My first reason is I forget the schedule and the second I am very buzy in the hospital to take care of my husband's administration for staying. When I take a rest after arriving "Rumah Singgah", I check whatsapp messages. I am surprised because EFT programs is in progress. I join the zoom at  04.45 PM. I know I am late but I try to follow the last minutes of the programs. Ten or fifteen minutes before the zoom ends, I am sleepy. I don't know the materials of the day, because I miss everything. I just say thank you for EFT team who has sent the materials in WAG so I can read it. Eventhough I don't understand, I have effort to finish my resume.

The speaker of the program is a young-talented girl, she is  Asdin Herzegovina who called Ms. Vina. She presents about Basic English (Self Introduction). There are six points in her teaching,  they are  disclaimers, speaker's introduction, all about mindset , basic English, self introduction and practice drill. 

I start to write my resume from number three, "all about mindset" I agree with the speaker if we want change our live we have to change our mindset. Success comes  due to our work hard. To reach the success, you have to change your style of live, you have to fight, you must think what to do, you have to keep the best strategy to reach the target. Light your inner strengt, motivate yourself, be optimist and positive thinking and never compare yourself with others. If you do that, you will be yourself and you believe you can.

There are several ways to improve our ability in English both orally and written. They are word memorizing, grammar learning, English course participating, academic learning achieving, even staying abroad. Just remember, learning must be fun. Do simple activities which suit you, so it makes you learning by doing, practicing, and exciting. If you only see and hear,  you will forget, but if you do, you will remember.

Many important news deliver by her. When you want to master English you have to know and create good habit in listening, speaking, reading, and writing. The four skills will determine how far we undestan English itself. The key of mastering the four skills is practice and drill. Eventhough the focus of English lesson is  communication, we must not be  neglect the grammar.

Then, the most important lesson today is introducing self. Well, ladies and gentlemen, in this occasion, I would like to introduce myself. I am Okmi Astuti from Pangkalpinang Bangka Belitung Island. I am an English teacher. I have some hobies. They are reading novels, travelling, sports and now I try to write something in a day. Writing is become my new hobby since I joined writing class on March 2021, I made a commitment to make writing is habit and menulis sepanjang hayat. It is my Motto and spirit for myself. I have three children, abang is 8 years old, Kakak is 4 years old, and Adek is 3 years old. My husband works as teacher as well. That is my brief self introduction, thank you. 

Introducing self and others is one of English material that I must be taught at school. The students are asked to practice self and others introduction after they understand the way and know related vocabulary. They are also asked to write self introduction both in short dialogues and a text. 

Because English is a foreign language, make the students find difficulties in learning. After giving explanation, motivation, and support, they try to speak up.

I hope English for Teacher Program really help us in improving our English. Thank you PGRI, Thank you EFT teams.


Resume: 1st

Speaker: Ms. Asdin Herzegovina, A.Md.

Moderator: Ms. Leni Priska, S.Pd

Topic: Basic English (Self Introduction)

Day/Date: Tuesday/ November 30th 2021


5 komentar:

  1. Awesome writing, Ms.Astuti.Thanks for your information.

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Thank you for reading my writing.

      Hapus
    2. Your written is good I like to read it Miss Okmi, I get spirit to try to write English actually if I try to write English I am able to but I don't have a brave to start it.Thank your for your inspiration that make me aware to try and try to write English ..

      Hapus
  2. Thank you For the excellent Job and for taking this class so serious.. Well Done!

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Thank you, Ms. phia
      Hehehe, I just want to learn how to write English well. It is time my occasion to show my writing because you are the expert. You will know our mistakes. 😀😀😀😀😀😀

      Hapus

Gadis pemalu dan sederhana kelahiran 41 tahun yang silam telah memilih tambatan hatinya "guru" sebagai profesi utama dalam nengaru...