Sabtu, 04 Desember 2021

Imperative Sentence


 
Being late is better than nothing
Okmi Astuti

Suddenly, the quote "Being late is better than nothing" comes to my mind when I am going to write my second resume this morning December, 5th 2021 while sitting on a chair in a hospital. I open and learn Ms. Ang materials.

Again and again I did not join English For Teacher Class. What was the reason? The reason was schedule EFT class was the same with schedule of my husband going to the hospital for staying. There were many things should be done. Waiting in long queue, filling in forms, and waiting for staff hospital guide. Actually, the operator of the hospital called us at eleven  in the morning. She informed us to come at four o'clock. That's why I missed the class.

I am disappointed because of missing the second meeting, eventhough my decision is not wrong. It is about choice. Then I opened  and read WhatsApp messages and starred the materials in the group. I just talked to myself, if I had enough time I would read, learn, and write a resume.

From the materials, I conclude that there are two points, first tebak kata (guessing word) and second English for teaching class: utterances and simple sentence.

What I write today is pure my thought in my imagination. 🤭🤭🤭 Starting from tebak kata (guessing word). Why did Ms. Ang give us the topic? According to my opinion, tebak kata is a way to persuade and motivate students to stay and feel save in English class. It is such a game. The game will attract students' interest and create fun and  happy class. The game makes good class atmosphere. By doing this, the students feel relax and finally positive toxic comes to their mind, English is interesting and easy to learn. Tebak kata is one of ice breaking. It is really a good way to raise the students' concentration and focus and it makes them out of their bad mood. I can imagine how interesting and active class with Ms. Ang!

The next session, MS. Ang presents materials. Starting with utterance. What is utterance? Utterance is a word, phrase, even a sentence  of someone verbally. Let's see the example below:

Situation: My father bought me a beautiful dress.
To show her thanking to the father, the daughter says:


Then, Ms. Ang comes to the second part "how is using simple sentence at the classroom" it is about imperative Sentence.
Imperative Sentence is a type of sentence to express command, request, and instruction. This material is also I have been taught to my students, if we design the lesson well, teaching learning process will be lifely and attracting. I am sure how crowded and active the class with Ms. Ang! Unlucky, I could not join the class.

Here are the examples of  utterances


Thanks for EFT Teams for sharing information, knowledge and time especially to provide this grup. It is a place where people learn English. Remember it is not only for English teacher but for those who wants to improve their English. Never left the grup eventhough you know nothing, try to find and understand it, because  I am sure one day you will get the benefit.

Thank you very much Ms. Ang for interesting materials. I am waiting to study with you other session.

We see we forget
We read we know
We do we remember.

Integrated the English skills in usage. Practice and drill, I believe you can.

Finally, I can finish my second resume without participating in the classroom. Everyone has ability to explore and share their knowledge. Everyone has different way to express her feeling. In this resume, I explore my view in my way. I know no one is perfect. Please leave comments and suggestions about my resume. Thank you. EFT is the best for all teachers.

Resume: 2nd

Speaker: Ms. Meyrisa Ang

Moderator: Mr. Nehemia Undjung

Topic: Utterances and Simple Sentence

Day/Date: Thursday/ December 2nd  2021



1 komentar:

  1. Cool resume, keep spirit..ayunda.. You're right this group offers us many amazing things for us.

    BalasHapus

Gadis pemalu dan sederhana kelahiran 41 tahun yang silam telah memilih tambatan hatinya "guru" sebagai profesi utama dalam nengaru...